Net Is Sat is a licensed telecommunication operator, which specializes in offering customized and tailored telecommunications solutions to business customers, including providing optical and wireless internet access, fixed voice service, virtual private networks, wholesale international VoIP termination services, network and data management. Since August 2017 Net Is Sat is wholly-owned subsidiary of Bulgarian Telecommunications Company EAD (“VIVACOM”).
VIVACOM is the leading telecommunications operator in Bulgaria, based on revenue for the year ended December 31, 2019. VIVACOM is a fully integrated operator that provides mobile, fixed telephony, fixed broadband and pay-TV (both DTH and IPTV) services nationwide to residential and business customers. VIVACOM provides fixed line services through own fiber and copper-based fixed line network and mobile services through own mobile network based on GSM/GPRS/EDGE and UMTS/HSPA+/LTE technologies. In 2019, VIVACOM successfully performed tests of next generation 5G mobile networks, which demonstrated technological readiness for commercial launch when the needed spectrum frequencies become available. VIVACOM owns and operates one of the biggest and most modern facilities for satellite communications in the region – Plana teleport, which is able to deliver transmission and connectivity even to the most remote points, including orbital positions in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia.
Role in the Project
- Construction and maintenance of a 5G mobile site for two wind energy parks near Sliven, owned by Entra Energy – support the validation procedure of Use Case 3.
- Participation in the work on creation of a concept for the commercial realization of the products and services tested in the Smart5Grid project.
NIS’s role includes:
- Contributing to design of the use-cases, definition of the NetApps requirements and the architecture of Smart5Grid platform. Specifically, NIS will participate in the identification and classification of the open 5G platform architecture through T2.1, T2.2 and T2.3.
- Contributing to the preparation of the Smart5Grid field platform to support integration of high levels of variable renewable energy sources (T6.1) and NetApps integration and validation for the integration high levels of variable renewable energy sources into 5G connected smart grids (T6.2) by supporting Use Cases 3 and 4. Additionally, NIS will constructe and maintain a 5G mobile site for 2 wind energy parks near Sliven, owned by Entra Energy for supporting the Usa Case 3: Millisecond Level Precise Distribution Generation Control through its active participation in T6.3, and will provide the necessary 5G coverage during the valdation of the Use Case 4: Real-time Wide Area Monitoring during T6.4.
- Dissemination of information to increase project awareness and promotion of the Smart5Grid project work in conferences and events with targetes stakeholders (T7.1).
Project Related Information
Activity type: Private for-profit entities
EU Contribution: € 115 500