- Jun, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: events
IEEE PowerTech Conference was organized and co-sponsored by IEEE, PES and School of Electrical Engineering Belgrade – University of Belgrade, and was held in Belgrade, Serbia, on June 25th -29th , 2023.
In this context, University of Cyprus partner, submitted 2 conference papers.
1. L. Tziovani, M. Asprou, I. Ciornei, P. Kolios, L. Hadjidemetriou, A. Lazari, R. Tapakis, S. Timotheou, “Long-term unit commitment with combined-cycle units,” in Proc. IEEE POWERTECH, Belgrade, 25th-29th of June 2023, pp. 1-6.
2. M. Elenkova, M. Asprou, L. Hadjidemetriou, M. Michael, C. Frangeskou, A. Stavrou, C. Panayiotou, “Inertia Estimation Under Normal Operation from Generation Units in the Cyprus Power System” in Proc. IEEE POWERTECH, Belgrade, 25th-29th of June 2023, pp. 1-6.
The conference was attended by more than 500 academics, researchers and industry stakeholders from over 100 countries and University of Cyprus presented papers under the Posters session, and one tutorial.
1. Marina Elenkova (main author) – paper on inertia estimation
2. Lysandros Tziovani (main author) – paper on unit commitment
3. Lenos Hadjidemetriou for the tutorial.
The IEEE PowerTech Conference is one of the largest European conferences in the Electrical Power and Energy Systems (EPES) domain, attracting high profile speakers from all over the world.